Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not Only a Graduate, but a Fashion Designer



This weekend, we went to my cousin Kate's senior fashion show for the DAAP program at UC. This is a prestigious design school, and Kate deserves to be in this elite group! These are just some of her pieces from the show.

My aunt Annie asked me to do Kate's graduation cake, and I wanted to make it extra special. I decided to incorporate some of her designs into the cake! I think it turned out really well. The cake was beautiful and is definitely one of my favorites to date!
The top tier was modeled after the light blue knitted top. She knitted this herself!
The bottom was modeled after the top with the ruffled bottom on it.
The finished product:
Top view:
Congratulations Kate! You are so extremely talented, and I am so proud of you and your accomplishments! Can't wait to see what you bring to Abercrombie! (Yes, she will be designing for Abercrombie) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment