Saturday, July 17, 2010

Megan's Birthday

This was the first cake I decided to go "extreme" with. It was for one of my best friend's, Megan, Birthday. She loves zebra print! My friend Stephanie a.k.a. Bonesaw, was my partner in crime for this project.
We tag-teamed on the whole thing. I came home from school that afternoon, baked 7 cakes in 2 hours, fondanted the 2 tiers, and stacked them. Bonesaw came to pick it up while I went to work, she rolled out the black fondant, cut and stuck on the stripes, colored, traced, and cut out the "M" and "19" and then there was this! We had planned this cake for a long time, scanning each other pictures back and forth while we were in school- 45 minutes away from each other. Megan (Merg) LOVED her cake! It was a great surprise after her surprise dinner at LaRosa's that evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment