Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wedding Weekend!!!!



So when Melissa asked me to do her and Kevin's wedding cake, all I kept thinking was "How in the WORLD am I going to do this!?" They were quite trusting of me :) Melissa is my boyfriend, Jeff's, sister. Their wedding was last night, and it was a blast!! Even amidst the 3 a.m. cake-tastrophe that had me baking a whole new middle tier, and the fact that I had to miss the ceremony because I could only deliver it to the reception hall at that time period, my first wedding cake turned out pretty darn well, and I heard nothing but good things about it. It was a great feeling. I was so nervous that I would hear critiques about the cake, which would have been super awkward since I was at the wedding, but nothing like that happened, thank goodness! :)


Did I mention Melissa asked me to make a surprise groom's cake for Kevin? He plays bass guitar and saxophone, and is quite the music buff from what Melissa told me.



Here's the new Mr. and Mrs. Wright cutting their cake:
It was a wonderful party and celebration last night you two, and I hope you are enjoying the beach this week!! Thanks for trusting me with the cake! :) CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES KEVIN & MELISSA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment