Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Weekend With No A/C!!!



So the hottest week of the entire summer and our air conditioning completely goes out. It's been quite the dreadful week. Making cakes was definitely a challenge to say the least.

Why does it always seem like when I have cakes to make, they come in doubles! But these were both fun ones so I can't complain!
Buzz Lightyear...to the rescue!!!
Sides of the Buzz cake.

Side of cake again.
"To Infinity......and BEYOND!" -Buzz Lightyear
My Aunt's best friend's grandson's Birthday is this weekend. He's turning 3 and is completely OBSESSED with Buzz Lightyear. So she asked me to make a cake for him. This was probably one of the most challenging. I've never done a character cake before. It turned out much better than I expected actually!
"And this one belongs to the Reds!" Our church's festival...St. William, was this weekend. AND the Reds are doing pretty darn well right now. So for the festival Cake Booth, I made this Cincinnati Red's cake. I made the stencil and did the letters free-hand (if you can't tell). They aren't the best letters. I do have an excuse though: I was without all my piping supplies because I had to do my cake at the house I nanny at due to our A/C situation...well lack there of. But it worked out pretty well. Everyone who saw it loved it, and the workers thought it would go pretty quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment