Sunday, August 29, 2010

Revamping and a Priceless Papaw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI!!!! One of our family friends, The McKernan's daughter Ali, celebrated her 8th birthday this weekend. Ever since June, she asked me to make her cake. She made it very clear what she wanted on her birthday cake.

So does it look familiar?? Ali wanted my friend Megan's cake, except with ALL hot pink. No lime green, only hot pink and zebra print. She got it! :) You can't see it too well in these pictures, but I used edible pearl dust on all of the pink on the cake, and it looked SUPER cute and fun in person. Ali and her friends loved it so I heard. This was a fun revamp!

My Grandpa Don turns 69 tomorrow. He said all he wanted was one of my cakes.. yellow cake white icing... That's it. But I wanted to make it fun.
He LOVES money, well joking about it. He always shakes cards out in hopes that dollars or coins will fall out. So I did his cake here as a Quarter. "In Don We Trust" instead of "In God We Trust" made it nice and personalized. He enjoyed his yellow cake, white icing combo, so that's all that mattered. Happy Birthday Grandpa! Love you!

1 comment: