Friday, September 10, 2010

Surprise!!! Oh yeah, Change of Plans

So I had my first exam of the semester today, and it was CAKE! good pun huh? ;) Anyway, so I got home earlier than anticipated and was excited to get started on Merg's sister's surprise 17th birthday cake. Welp i had this great idea for a kind of argyle patterned cake, but that quickly changed when my homemade fondant was not cooperating with me. Thus, I came up with the following. I don't consider it one of my bests, but it was super cute! and sparkly! (I've kinda become addicted to the pearl luster dust!!)


Emily is definitely a bubbly, smiley, and funny person, and Merg told me that she would love the cake no matter what because it was from me...it didn't mater what it looked like. So she said. But it DID turn out cute and she called me and left me a message in her loud crazy happy voice saying thank you.
Oh also, if you can't tell, this cake was HUGE. It was a 16 inch round! and weighed at least 10 pounds. Definitely my biggest cake to date!

Happy birthday emily!! :)

1 comment:

  1. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED!:) THANKS GIRLY!!

    ReplyDelete