Monday, September 27, 2010

It's What's on the Inside That Counts



So this cake was for my Grandma Marianna's 79th Birthday in September. Due to being a bit rushed for the day, I didn't get to set up the best way to transport the cake, so the "Happy Birthday G.Ma (as I call her)" didn't survive the trip but that's okay. :)This cake wasn't about the fancy decorating, it was more about the inside. This was the first time I made and used chocolate ganache. For non-cake/bakery people, ganache is just a fudge filling. I put it between the 3 chocolate cake layers with chocolate buttercream icing...just like Grandma likes it. I guess it's the Stein family in us that makes us chocolate lovers ;). I haven't had the time to perfect the ganache recipe yet, so it was a little rich, but it was nothing a little side of vanilla ice cream couldn't fix! It was a great dessert to a great dinner at Carraba's! Happy Birthday G.Ma! Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment