Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Cake-tastrophe

I have never really had a cake disaster before so I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. But this one decided to happen just 4 hours before the cake was about to be picked up! ahhh!!! This cake was for Seton High School's, my alma mater, class of 1980 30th reunion.

Originally I had the Seton S logo. That turned out fine, but I did not like my writing on it AT ALL. I wasn't happy with it. But I added some green sugar crystals and it looked better. My mom said she didn't think it was a big enough cake, so I then went and made some cupcakes. But with no cupcake liners left in the house, I sprayed and greased the heck out of the cupcake tin. Well that didn't turn out too well either.

As if that wasn't disastrous enough, I went to move the cake into the delivery box and the icing cracked completely down the middle. It was awful!!!! :(

So I decided to redo the entire thing at about 3:00 yesterday...the cake was being picked up at 6 :) But in the end, everything happens for a reason, and I liked this cake better. This is the Seton High School crest.
With limited time, I did rush myself a little bit and this isn't the most symmetrical BUT I really liked this one better. Hope the reunion was great, class of 1980!

No comments:

Post a Comment