Sunday, May 8, 2011

1st Communion #2!



Another blog frequenter, my Vaughn family. This weekend was Maddie girl's first communion. When I sent Julie some pictures of possible cake designs, she said this one was Maddie's pick and to surprise her with a purple or pink. Maddie's room, back pack, flip flops, are all pink, so of course, I chose pink!

Here's Maddie and me at her party. She picked her dress after MUCH deliberation between her, Julie, aunt Bethy, Daddy, me, Luke, everybody! ;) She looked beautiful!!

For her cake, I did vanilla cake on the bottom layers and chocolate on the top, all with vanilla buttercream. I decorated it with fondant, and ventured into the realm of candy molds. I used this first communion mold, filled it with white chocolate, and stuck it in the top of the cake for a cute topper! The plastic ones at the store were just not cuttin' it for me, and I'm glad I did this chocolate one.





Congratulations Maddie Girl! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment